Social Psychology; Spring 2017
IDEA Summary Rating: 4.6/5
Selected Student Comments:
- She was very helpful and did a great job at teaching this subject in a way that made it easier to understand.
- I really liked that she gave us TedTalk videos to write a review or a reflection on it. I wish that we could have had more of those because I learned a lot from those videos and gained a lot of different perspectives that I didn’t think about before.
- She is very knowledgeable and approachable. Maybe do some more in class activities versus all lecture.
- At times some of the work began to feel like busy work.
- Henry is very great and very committed.
Students seem split on whether or not they liked the online Mindtap component of this course. Many enjoyed it, but several thought the workload was excessive and strayed into “busy work”. It might be a good idea to look at the assignments in each chapter and see if they are all equally as pertinent to the learning goals. If not, some may not need to be assigned. The point students make about wishing there were more activities and less lecture is completely valid. That was my hope for the course as well and will definitely be my priority next time I teach it.